There are many different factors of what causes tooth decay. It starts with the food a person consumes and all in how that person takes care of their dental hygiene. If someone does not care for their teeth properly by brushing, flossing and going to the dentist for regular cleanings their chances are very high for tooth decay.
The main causes of tooth decay are:
- Not producing enough saliva. Saliva is a wonderful thing. It helps protect your teeth from tooth decay by washing away sugars from teeth.
- Lack of brushing and flossing. This is pretty straight forward, but if someone does not properly care for their teeth they will surely get tooth decay.
- Eating high sugary foods. Bacteria loves sugar, so the more sugar a person consumes the more bacteria will grow which will lead to an over production of plaque on teeth.
- This not just horrible for a person body but is especially bad for a person’s mouth.
It is important to see a dentist immediately when feeling the symptoms of tooth decay because it can be treated. If the symptoms continue without any treatment from a skilled dentist, like our Dr Bedi who cares for Brookridge residents, it can lead to serious infections, horrible tooth pain and even tooth loss. Tooth decay is very serious but with the right dental care team it is preventable.
There are different ways that a dentist can treat tooth decay:
- As well as crowns help to replace the damaged enamel of the teeth.
- Root canal. When the tooth decay becomes too infected, the only way to save the tooth is to go to root.
- Tooth Extraction. This is the worst case scenario but if it needs to be done than it is better to remove the overly-decayed tooth before it can worsen and cause other teeth to decay.
The best option is prevention. Seeing your dentist regularly and making sure to use fluoride on a daily basis to clean your teeth.
Anchor Dental Care has been helping those in the surrounding Brookridge area, giving them a dentist they can trust for over 30 years. Their full understanding of dental care has assisted all of their patients in maintaining a healthy smile. With many financial options available it allows all of Anchor Dental Care’s potential clients, even ones without dental insurance, a chance to keep up with their dental health.
*Disclaimer: The views expressed here are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Anchor Dental Care*